Deportation of man allegedly involved with Isis allowed by court

At a late sitting of the High Court on Monday evening Mr Justice Richard Humphreys, who last month dismissed the man’s actions aimed at preventing his deportation, refused to allow him bring an appeal before the Court of Appeal.

The High Court has cleared the way for the deportation to Jordan of a man allegedly involved with Islamic terrorists.

The State alleges the man is the “foremost organiser and facilitator of travel by extremists prepared to undertake violent action” on behalf of Islamic State and its “main recruiter” in Ireland.

The man, who cannot be identified for legal reasons, denies claims he has consulted with senior violent extremist leaders outside Ireland, represents a threat to national security or recruits members for Islamic extremist groups.

He claims he was tortured in Jordan during the 1990s due to his political activities and fears being tortured if returned there.

At a late sitting of the High Court on Monday evening Mr Justice Richard Humphreys, who last month dismissed the man’s actions aimed at preventing his deportation, refused to allow him bring an appeal before the Court of Appeal.

The Judge also refused the man’s application to have the case referred to the Strasbourg-based European Court of Human Rights (ECHR.)

The man, represented by Michael Lynn SC and David Leonard Bl, sought permission to bring an appeal against the Judge’s decision, arguing the case raised a number of points of law of exception importance that need to be determined by the Court of Appeal.

The Minister, represented by Remy Farrell SC and Conor Power SC, opposed the application arguing that no point of law of exception importance had been raised.

In his ruling the Judge, who said he would give detailed reasons for his decision at a later date, agreed with the Minister that no point of law of exceptional public importance had been raised.

The man also sought a stay on any deportation order to allow his lawyers apply to the Supreme Court and the ECHR.

The Judge also refused that application said the case had been before a number of different courts, including the ECHR and had been determined by the High Court. There was no merit in allowing any further stay on the Minister’s decision, he added.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/high-court/deportation-of-man-allegedly-involved-with-isis-allowed-by-court-1.2710252

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Deportation of man allegedly involved with Isis allowed by court

  1. neofenian says:

    How much taxpayers money has been spent on this cunt, fucking appeal after appeal. Just deport the fucker !

    Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s